Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Up to my elbows...

So yesterday I had a true mom moment. I was driving, Taylen was talking, all of a sudden she was throwing up ALL OVER. She started crying, I'm trying to not crash, she throws up more chunky goodness, screams louder...I'm at a red light surrounded by a ton of cars. I can't move or pull over. She throws up some more, it's down her shirt, in her shoes, all over the carseat....throwing up again (yes, again)...I'm finally driving and able to pull over into a parking lot. I carefully remove her from the car and have to take off her clothes without smearing barf all over her face and hair (which I fail miserably at doing, by the way). Then I have a naked, crying baby standing in the parking lot while I'm trying to shake out all the throw up from the carseat and put a plastic shopping bag over it so she doesn't have to sit in puke the rest of the way home. It was lovely. Oh, and don't forget the very observant girl who pulls over (I think she's going to help me) but instead she asks me for directions to the nearest Wendy's. I'm thinking, "I'm up to my elbows in throw up, lady, does it look like I care if you're lost?!?" Apparently reading facial expressions and body language is not a strong point of hers. Anyway, I finally got Taylen semi-clean and we made it home without further incidence. These are the mom moments i could really live without...

1 comment:

Suz said...

oh, honey, I so don't envy you! barf is so not fun. Payton did that one time and I seriously called Aaron bawling because I didn't know what to do...just speed home and take care of it, or pull over on the freeway and throw up myself (because you know how gaggy I am...) My mom just says it's paybacks.

So on a less dreadful note, I was thinking you need to fly out here within the next few weeks since you only have a little while until Tay flies for free. If you did, we could have a birthday party for you, Tressa and Paige and a mini-baby shower for Lo all at the same time. Ponder that, and call me! (I promise, I'll try to answer this time)

love ya! And so sorry...hope Taylen is feeling better.
Suz