Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Diapers are so last week...


So Taylen is officially potty trained! She pretty much did it herself...after a couple hours of me setting the timer and asking her every 20 minutes if she needed to go, I realized that I had forgotten the timer and it had been over 2 hours since she had gone. I was fully expecting to be on Potty Clean Up Duty, and when I went and asked her if she needed to go, she told me (quite matter of factly) that she had already gone. In the potty. Sure enough, the proof was in the pudding...er, the potty. She had gone all by herself, without even telling me! Way to go. I had been dreading this whole potty training thing for months, and it turned out to be super easy. Maybe that's because Taylen is like 20 already... ha ha. It seems like all her friends have been potty trained forever! Oh well, it was worth waiting for it to be so easy!!


P.S. For Julia: Taylen told me the other day that she wears big girl panties like Loraya :) Aw, remember when they used to be friends? We miss you guys!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah....can't wait for Ethan to do the same. We need to get together!

Tara Lynn said...

hear, hear! But, unfortunately, Sami has a long time before I don't have to change her poopy bum! :)

Suz said...

That is the cutest picture! So, potty training has lasted seriously like a year with Payton. He goes in and poops all the time without telling me, so I figure, "He must be ready" and ten minutes after we put on Spiderman underwear, he's wet. UGHH! I keep hoping one day we'll wake up and he's done with diapers, but I just quit trying. Hopefully before kindergarten....

Julia Kelly said...

AWWWW..way to go Taylen! Just yesterday when I was talking on the phone Loraya says "mom are you talking to Nikki, Taylen's mommy?" sad... :(

Cardon Family said...

Go Tay!! I am still waiting to work up the nerve to try and potty train Tanner. I know I am just going to have to pick a day and do it...I hope it goes that easy. I keep hearing that it is harder for boys though....I guess we will find out! Maybe Tanner will make all the rumors false and he will be as good as Taylen!!

Amanda said...

Jealous!!! Congrats Miss Talen! Send potty vibes to TJ!!

Teneil said...

I loved the "attitude" picture-way cute! You must be pretty proud of her new milestone.