Sunday, February 10, 2008

Quote of the Day

Peace is not the absence of conflict. It is the presence of God.

I have gained an immense testimony of this during this past year, and especially the past few months. If we are striving to keep the commandments and better our relationship with our Father in Heaven, He will bless us with the strength and peace we need to overcome obstacles in our lives. He loves us. He is aware of us in every way. He knows our strengths and weaknesses, our sorrows, the deepest desires of our hearts. He will not put anything in our path that we cannot conquer, and He will never leave us alone in our trials. This past year has been the darkest of my life, and in those dark hours I had no choice but to cling to my faith and plead with my Father in Heaven to give me His peace. The Atonement is real. Jesus Christ took on the sins of the world so I wouldn't have to bear my sorrows alone. It was in my darkest moments that I was truly able to see the light, and to recognize that no matter what is going on around me--if I seek to have God in my life--I can feel peace.

11 comments:

Chris said...

Love you Nikki.

Leslie said...

Lovely quote and testimony. Hope you are doing well.

Suz said...

The atonement is such a blessing...for those with sin, and those with sorrow! I'm so proud of you and the decisions you are making for you and your cute girls. Hang in there, this too shall pass. Remember, somedays we are the pigeon, and somedays we are the statue...everyone gets pooped on once in a while. :) Only 2 1/2 weeks, I am so excited! Have you ever been to the Jelly Belly factory? We should go...

Tiffani said...

I am glad that through your whole experience you have remembered that you are a Daughter of God and have also managed to rise to the top stronger than ever, you go girl!

Anonymous said...

I know it came to me through totally different reasons - but everything you said here is exactly what i have thought this whole past year. i remember thinking every night - i'll never be given a trial i cannot overcome & if i have faith my prayers WILL ALWAYS be answered. you seem to already know it all, but i guess i just felt like saying "i second that!".

Brandi Raye Turner said...

Beautifully said.

Julia Kelly said...

your strength is such an inspiration to me. you have a personality that just shines and people are just drawn to you...i know i was. glad to have your friendship in my life.

RachelBarker said...

What a priceless gift we have and what a blessing it is of the knowledge of the Atonement. :)

April said...

You're amazing and such a strong person!!

Cathi said...

You continue to be an inspiration to me Nikki! I am constantly amazed at what a positive attitude you keep and how close you are to the Spirit. Thank you for sharing your testimony, I needed that reminder! You're doing awesome!

Anonymous said...

You make me a proud Daddy.




I love you.