Saturday, September 13, 2008

REMEMBER ME?!?!?!

You have all been missing me terribly, right?!

I knew it.

So it's been a ridiculously long time since I posted anything on either of my blogs. Let me explain:

I met an amazingly hot guy who has fallen madly in love with me and I'm spending every spare moment in his arms.

Or not. :) haha!

The real (less juicy) truth is that I started grad school. And I love it!! I'm in class 3 nights a week, and working three days a week, and doing mom stuff in between. Oh, and waking up early and staying up late to get all my reading done for class. Which (surprisingly) leaves very little time for blogging. Or showering.

I am finally starting to feel like my life is not hell on earth. Even though to some of you it would be :). I seriously am in love with the Master's program I am in. I love my teachers. I love the students in my classes. It's been 3 weeks and I already feel a bond with them. Since this is a therapy based program, classes tend to be sort of...therapeutic. :) So so so so glad I decided to go back to school.

Also, I've finally made some decisions about my life that have been hanging over my head for months. Like whether I should move to San Diego, or stay in Sacramento. Long story...but I've decided to stay in Sacramento. And I feel really peaceful about that choice. Huge relief to have finally come to a decision about that. My life is starting to settle into a bit of a routine (crazy, freakishly busy routine...but a routine, nonetheless). It feels good. And it's about darn time. :)

Ryah update: We had her tested for allergies because the poor kid has just been throwing up pretty much her entire life. Turns out she's got some serious ones. Normal is .375 or below. She is a 1.2ish for peanuts. Lame. She is a 2.5ish for dairy. Really lame. And she is a 6.7ish for eggs. WHAT?!?! Holy mink! Poor thing! No wonder she's been sick and barfy all the time! Practically everything I was feeding her had dairy, eggs, or peanuts! Seriously...what 1 year old's diet isn't entirely made up of cheese, yogurt, milk, bread, and peanut butter sandwiches? So, she's officially on soy milk. And green beans. And that's about it. haha. If any of you know any awesome vegan meals, let me know. Ryah's getting sick of all 3 things she's allowed to eat.

What else...

Yeah...that's about it for now.

I will try and post every once in a while, but it will not be as frequent as it's been in the past. Luckily for you all, I've gotten my sister Brooke hooked on blogging, and she's almost as entertaining as me. :) Almost.

And now I've got to go prepare for the fight. Because when Brooke reads this she'll laugh and disagree with me, and then I'm going to punch her in the gut. Because I could use a little more drama in my life right now...

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

15 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Yeah a new post! Been thinking about you with school, work, and mom stuff that you have going on. (as if mom stuff isn't enough) Being busy is best, even if it's being freakishly busy. :) Oh, and I LOVE your sister Brooke's blog. She is hilarious.

That seriously sucks about Ryah's allergys. I have a friend who's little boy is allergic to everything...including eggs, dairy, and peanuts. If you want i know this great oatmeal cookie recipe that is egg, peanut, everything free. I'll email it to you if you're interested.

And I'm glad you're staying in Sac and feel at peace about it. Maybe sometime in the next few years we'll move back and we can be friends again. :)

Arica said...

welcome back! ..my in-laws diet is a bit more than vegan. your mom was debating trying it out a while back.. anyway, for more info and recipes go to www.phmiracleliving.com. :)

Tierra Lowry said...

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
http://cupkates.blogspot.com/
http://www.livingwithout.com/

Just a few places to start. I hope she is not allergic to gluten. That would suck even more. At least the food out there is getting better tasting for those who can't have gluten/dairy/eggs etc....

Good luck.

brookebaby said...

thanks for the backhanded shout out.

and just for the record, I think we all know that I am the most hilarious person in our family.

the sooner you accept that, the sooner you can read my blog and pee all over. YEAAAAHhuuUuuuHh boyyyyy!1!11!!!!! bizzo.

The Jensen's said...

Hey Nikki
My sister-in-law, Lisa Jensen, in Elk Grove has a son that is no eggs which includes any thing bird. She is full of ideas and meals
Good luck kristen

Loren said...

So glad to read your update!! Poor Ryah!! i am glad you found out what is wrong so at least you can do something about it - if you can think of something else to feed her, haha!! Glad school is going well and you are enjoying it - that makes being there so much easier. And...I have already been stalking Brooke's blog - she is pretty funny and totally makes me laugh!!

HeaTheR & ChRiS said...

so, I feel so bad for Ryah...poor thing!! But after reading your blog i decided to look online for some recipes so I could make her a treat that she could eat when she's down here but I found this website that sells cake mixes and cookies etc that are all peanut, dairy, and egg free...it's looks pretty cool so I thought I'd share it with you. it's www.cherrybrookkitchen.com oh and also, about the Jensen commenter...I know Lisa Jensen...she's in my ward and actually her son that's allergic to eggs is my age and my friend. I can ask her for some ideas/recipes if you want...? :)

HeaTheR & ChRiS said...

p.s. I just looked at their website more and it looks like stores like bel air, raleys, pier 1 imports actually sell the cherrybrook kitchen products!! ..fyi :)

Unknown said...

Jessica is the person you need to talk to about finicky but fantastic meals. She has to stay away from dairy,sugar, wheat and things of that nature. Check out her blog Barenakedcooking.blogspot.com for some stellar recipes. She knows a substitute for almost anything! Happy cooking

j said...

way to go with school!!! :) ok, so for vegan recipes, check out www.thepaintedhouse.blogspot.com. angela there has a link to the right called "dinner's ready" and she has awesome links to recipes and resources she uses. plus, angela is just incredibly creative and fun.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Glad you're back and glad you're loving school!

Jessica said...

Hey Nikki. Long time no speak. If you are going private, please include me. Please, please, PLEASE! Do I sound desperate enough? Anyway. My e-mail is jbarnum921@msn.com.

Tressa said...

I HAVE missed you! I was excited when I decided to check your blog tonight. I'm so excited that you love school. Yeah for you! And so happy that you finally found out what Ryah's problems were. What a scary thing! That happened to my nephew Max. He was allergic to milk too. He still sneaks into the pantry and downs the chocolate...and gets sick. Aw, but sometimes anything is worth chocolate.

Sarah said...

Oh, how sad for your little one! Craisins are awesome, and sweet. She might like that, after all those green beans you're stuffing her with! :) Also, try any fresh fruit, and can she eat beans? Poor girl, and poor mommy, having to be super creative with her food! :)

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know what an inspiration you are!!! I came across your blog on accident a few months ago and I have been "checking" on you ever since. I love your sense of humor-that is probably what has helped you get through this time in your life. Your children are very lucky to have you and your ex is probably kicking himself (or he should be). Anyways, thanks for your humor and your girls are beautiful.