Monday, October 6, 2008

Terrible.

So I know I've been ridiculously bad at keeping up this blog. But do not assume that a lack of interesting things to post about has been the reason for the slacking. Let me fill you in:

  • Finally Official/Officially Final: That's right. My divorce is final. Thursday, October 2 was the day. It was really a weird, bittersweet day for me. Brad and I went to court, the judge signed the papers, and that was that. I felt a lot of relief. And also a lot of sadness. Like I've been ignoring how sucky it is to get divorced, and all of a sudden I was forced to look it square in the face. Bleh. But I have no doubt that this is the right thing. Because if I wasn't sure I would not still be doing this. It stinks. :) But it's getting less stinky by the day, so don't you worry about that.
  • Papers, Papers, Papers: I had two 15 page papers to write this weekend. WOHOO. I had to interview my family and figure out what our issues are, and how those issues will affect my clinical work. And I've come to realize that I'm pretty much a mess. And that I will never be in a healthy relationship again. TRUST ISSUES. The end.
  • Emergency Room Greatness: My mom spent the weekend in the hospital. She'd been having some bad stomach pain (which was the general area of her cancer/chemo/radiation if you remember from last year). Thursday night it got to be unbearable (two Percoset were doing nothing to dull it), so my dad took her to the ER. She spent the weekend on morphine, and in and out of tests and scans and procedures. They ruled out her cancer, which is good. But they couldn't figure out what was wrong. They think it could possibly be a side effect of her radiation or something, so she's going to see her oncologist sometime this week. They discharged her from the hospital last night.

So, there ya go. That was my eventful weekend. Now I'm at work, so I should probably go work. :) Man, what am I going to do with myself if the Soap Opera that is my life get's boring? Not sure I'll remember how to function without a bunch of crud going on all the time. haha. Nice to spew at ya, blogger world!! I actually really miss you guys :)

11 comments:

Letti said...

I am glad to hear that you are alright. I love reading your blog.

Requel said...

Well I know I miss reading about your life and seeing your cute babes! So thanks for the update. And I'm sorry about everything you had to do and go through this weekend. Last week we had our Young Women in Excellence program, I'm in the Presidency. Anyway the theme this year is Steadfast and True. And if I can give you any advice right now, it would be to just stay Steadfast and True to what you know and feel is right. A quote "You are always greatest when you walk with God". So true! Stay strong, you are an amazing person! You will come out of all of this ahead! Love ya, Requel

Amy Marie said...

I love your mom. really I do.


thanks for updates.

Rachel said...

Holy Cow, woman! I don't really know how you manage all that stuff, but I sure was happy to see a new blog and to know that you're alive!

Julia Kelly said...

Glad that you're still putting one foot in front of the other and hanging in there. Wow, what will you do when everything calms down and your life isn't filled with drama day in and day out?? :) You truely are superwoman! Still think of you often...

S and K said...

Well for sure you have not just been sitting around watching soaps and bad tyra show episodes!! Rather just living the real thing. ;) I'm glad you are still around and good luck with the juggling act that is your life. Keep up the good work though----your amazing!

emily said...

wow. i've been waiting for this (or any) blog forever it seems. my patience has really been tried in this matter. thanks for the update. and for what its worth (maybe nothing at all) erik was sick and stuff after leaving the hospital and he had his gall bladder removed - after which he felt SO much better.

Chelle Belle said...

I don't know you that well but I think that you are an amazing woman. Sometimes I get down on myself and then I think of women like you who have to go through so much more and I am amazed! You are beautiful and so are your girls! You deserve all of the blessings that Heavenly Father has for you! Just remember that He is always there for you, in times of trouble and in times of joy!

Thanks for posting such a great blog. If you do go private I would love to be on your list. My email is apcwadegirl@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Oh my heck! Sounds busy. Don't worry about the family interviews. I think deep down we all know that we're messed up in one way or another but I'm sure it's harder to ignore when you have to analyze it!:) Congratulations on the opening of a new chapter in your life. My thoughts go out to you as you wade through papers, massive text books, and countless tests!

Leslie said...

Hope your mom is okay. I pray that you and the girls will continue to be happy and press on! You are doing a great job!!

Jessica said...

Dearest Nikki,
I am glad to hear that your mom's cancer was not the cause of her discomfort. I have been taking some nutritional products that have been helping my MS and I met a guy who took these same products and it helped with his colon cancer. Maybe they could help your mom. E-mail me and we can chat. BTW I would be happy to send you some recipes that you could use that don't contain the stuff your baby is allergic to. So call me and we can chat. Take care and I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Jess
928-226-1968