Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthday Time!

Hey!  Remember me?  That girl that used to be good at blogging?  Well, I'm back.  At least for one post. :)

So I turned 27 yesterday.  Holy mink.  Apparently life just keeps trucking along.  

I had an absolutely GREAT couple of days...

Friday my boss took me to lunch.  Sweet.  Thanks, boss :)

Friday night I went out with a bunch of girls from my ward to the Cheesecake Factory (some of them took pictures, but I don't have them, yet...sorry).  It was awesome to just chat with the ladies and eat yummy food.  It really doesn't get much better than that. Thanks, April, for getting that together!  And thanks to everyone who came!

Saturday morning I woke up and studied for a bit (mid-terms are next week.  boo.).  Then I went tanning (happy birthday to me!!).  Then I opened a sweet gift from my parents.  Let me introduce you to the RipStik:

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this amazing little gadget, it's like a skateboard.  That you wiggle.  And when I was in Utah a month ago I played on my cousins (he's 9, don't worry about it), and I became a little obsessed.  Which my mom apparently picked up on.  So she bought me one!!  I AM SO SO EXCITED!!  Except mine is hot pink.  And awesome.

And I may or may not have completely eaten crap (flat on my back on the asphalt) yesterday while I was trying to ride it.  Haha.  And there may or may not be witnesses.  

Best present ever.  And then I got to thinking... What kind of 27 year old mother-of-two wants a RIPSTIK for her birthday?!  hahahaha.  An awesome one, I'd say. :)

Then my friend Melissa came over and we "studied" for midterms.  Or just talked.  And talked some more.

Then I picked up Sam from the airport.  Meet Sam:




Then Sam and I went to dinner with Kristin and Neal...Tahoe Joe's.  Yummy.  Pretty sure I ate so much food I could barely move.  Then back to the Hinson's to hang out for a bit.  I may or may not have made Sam play the piano and sing for everyone. :) 




Then I was asleep by 12:30, and we had to leave to take Sam back to the airport at 4:30 in the stinking morning! Super fun couple of days.  

Thanks to everyone who helped make my birthday a great one!  I definitely felt loved.  Which is a great way to feel. :)  Love you all!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm so I might be the only one in the dark here...but who is Sam and how fun that he came riding in on his white horse for your birthday...looks like a wonderful birthday, just they way it is meant to be. But, for me in the dark...more sam details would be great.

Requel said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad it was so great. But what I really want to know is SAM??

Neese Family said...

I am glad you had such a happy birthday! You deserve it! Good luck with all your exams!

..Kris Naven.. said...

That's so funny! I was thinking the same thing as the other people who commented! Who is Sam??? I am so glad you had a happy birthday! March babies are the best!!! ;)

KateHargadon said...

hmmm....witnesses of your fall???? lets just say that i wish i had it on video...

Kristin said...

Lucky me that I got to be a part of your super fun Birthday weekend! It was a super fun weekend for us too! Thanks for sharing it with us, and I can't wait to see you eat it some more on your cool Rip Stick! And Sam! HAHA! Love ya Nikki!

April said...

I'm definitely going to have to see this slip"stick". haahaa!

So, pics are coming...good times!!! Love ya!

emily said...

wow, a ripstick? i have tried those and my thoughts are this...i would be fine on a flat, perfectly even, very smooth surface. any other situation i've tried and i have an image of the ripstick hitting a bump and me flying of the front. that image is enough for me to leave that wonderful new toy to the kids. very brave of you i say.

Julia Kelly said...

So, need to know details about Sam. And glad you had a fab birthday. Looking super cute as usual.

Paige said...

So is falling off a ripstick cooler than falling off a pogo stick? I bet it felt just as cool.

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were able to hang out with Sam:) And my boys would be so stoked on a ripstik, but I/m not that cool.This is Sam's sis in law, by the way.