Sunday, March 23, 2008

And Taylen is Three!

So today was Tay's third birthday! We had a party for her yesterday, which turned out pretty cool. Brad's parents have a huge jumphouse that they brought, and his brother-in-law brought a cotton candy machine. We had jumping, cotton candy, food, music, and a billion balloons all over the place. Oh, and everyone got puppy faces drawn on. Taylen wore her princess dress, with a party had and a puppy face. This was the first year she really understood that her birthday was coming up, and she had a great day. Thanks to all our friends and family who helped make it fun!


Tay with mom and dad



I stayed up (with Sarah Bartlett) the night before the party to decorate the house so when Tay woke up in the morning she could get into the birthday spirit right away. Thanks to the Bartletts for blowing up 144 balloons!! They were all over my downstairs, and when Tay saw them in the morning she said, "Mom!! There are balloons all over this world!!" I don't know why balloons are so fun for kids, but they definitely made it feel like a party! (Look at this picture up close and you can see how excited she is)
Birthday Tay
Taylen, Aunt Sarah, and me (notice the princess crown...)

This is the only picture I got that sort of shows the jumphouse. Bummer! This is me with Brad's sisters Sarah and Heather...

Two puppies :)

8 comments:

RachelBarker said...

1- I love the longer hair on you! Can't go wrong with longer hair :) But you can pull off any hair style.
2- I just have to comment on this..The Dad & Mom pic was adorable. You look beautiful, Brad looks HOT and TAy is adorable. Good pic.
3-I wish i was in the Brad's sister pic but it's cool.
4-Love the creative puppy face markings.
5- WAy to go on throwing a Rockn' party!

Anonymous said...

that picture where she is super excited is now my new desktop pic.

The Yeamans said...

Happy birthday to Taylen! Looks like quite the party! :) I hope you had a great time celebrating Taylen, I LOVE the princess dress! Give your mommy a hug for me!
xoxox

Julia Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Tay! Can't believe she's 3! Didn't she just turn 2?? Cute pics.

Leslie said...

happy bday Tay!

Tiffani said...

What a happy day! My only question is where is your puppy face?

lindsayfam said...

It looks like she had a great birthday. We called and talked to her that night at my parents, she was still so excited about the party and told us almost everything. She is growing up so fast. What a beautiful niece I have :)

lindsayfam said...

I forgot to tell you that I love your hair long. You look so BEEEutiful :) We'll have to catch up sometime.