Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To my anonymous friend:

I got a comment on my previous post from an anonymous person that I would like to respond to. My thoughts were too long to stick in a comment, so I'm responding in a post. Look at that, Anonymous!! You're anonymously getting your own post on my blog. Good job :).

Here is part of their comment:

"I know nothing about your personal situation, nor do I need to know, so this question may not even apply to your specific situation. However, HOW do you know when divorce is right for you?I think in our religious "culture" it is one of the most taboo topics around and understandably a situation of "last resort". How is that decision come to? How do you make peace with it and know for sure it is the right thing to do under the circumstances? (p.s. This is not meant to put you "on the spot" or to sound judgemental, it is an honest question. I know many people who are staying in bad situations because their fear of divorce, or the fear of the "unknown" (i.e. having to go back to grad. school, use daycare, etc.) overrides their fear of their current circumstances...if you have any insights to share, I think it could be incredibly helpful!)"

For my response to this question, visit my other blog: Have Joy.

3 comments:

Allen Family said...

Hi Nikki,
I found your blog through a friend's a couple of months ago. We were in the same ward Freshmen year at BYU. I'm not sure if you remember me but I certainly remember you as a fun bubbly cheerleader. I normally don't comment on people's blogs that I don't know but I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am by you. With everything that you are going through you still have a smile on your face, are living righteously and are a great example to your adorable little girls (not to mention many other people). You are an inspiration and I feel like I lost out by not getting to know you in college. Anyway, I wish you the best because you certainly deserve it and I have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to get through these tough times (obviously become a better and stronger person because of them) and have a very rewarding life.
Love, Katie (Mele) Allen

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Katie,
Thanks so much for your comment. Your name wasn't ringing a bell, but I looked at your blog and once I saw your pictures I remembered you :).

Your comment was really touching to me and I appreciate your kind words. This sounds really cheesy but your comment was a little bright spot in my day!

Hope to hear more from you... :)

Hope to hear more from you!

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

and apparently saying it once wasn't enough, so I said it twice. haha. i'm special.