Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Worried About Ryah

So I'm looking for advice here...

When Ryah was a baby she was TERRIBLE. She literally cried all the time. I tried a bunch of different kinds of formula, and when I finally put her on soy formula she was like a different child. My doctor told me to start her on regular cheese and yogurt at 9 months, and regular milk at 12 months because most babies outgrow their sensitivity to milk products.

So at 10 months I gave Ryah her first taste of cheese. She chowed it down. She then threw up all through the night (which I didn't notice until later), and 4 or 5 times at church. And I'm talking projectile vomit. And in Relief Society she was literally choking on it...I had to take her out of class and everyone was concerned that she wasn't breathing. It was so scary. She never had a fever, but threw up 3 more times that day. And then she was fine.

Fast forward one week, she throws up at daycare. No fever, acting normal, and nothing else after that.

Fast forward to last thursday, she throws up in the morning, no fever, acting normal. (Mind you this is not spit up...there is a distinct difference. It is slimy, and has that acidic smell...definitely throw up.)

Fast forward to today: I'm at work and get a pohone call from our day care girl who says that Ryah has been sleeping all morning, then threw up a ton, and has a 101 degree fever.

What is going on with this girl?! In the last 2 weeks she has thrown up close to 20 times! I am leaving work soon to take her to the doctor, and I really think this is more than a bug. I think she's got some sort of food allergy (possibly dairy), or something that's just not quite right in her little body.

And don't even get me started on my health insurance right now...that's for another post. Anyway, I just hope that this is nothing serious...

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

i'm no doctor, but it sounds like some sort of digestion issue. has she been eating a lot of other dairy foods? it seems if she were allergic to dairy she would have some sort of rash or something. She must just have a real sensitve little stomach. let me know what the doctor says. hope shes feeling better soon, throw up mess is the worst.

The Jensen's said...

Well, join the club of milk allergic babies. Quincy was the same way with being fussy as a baby, switched to soy and then at 10 months gave him cheese...rash and tons of poop followed. FUN
Hopefully thats all she has going on.
Kristen

Cathi said...

Dang, I am so sorry you have to see poor Ryah go through that! Just keep her off dairy for a while. I drink soy milk all the time and love it. She can get along without it.... I wanna hear what the Dr. says though, update us! Good luck, I'll keep you and her in my prayers!

lindsayfam said...

Poor Ryah. WHat did the Dr. say? I wouldn't think that a allergic reaction to dairy would last that long, unless she continued to have dairy, was it only the one time she had cheese?

Neese Family said...

I am sooo sorry she hasn't been well. I would not know, both of my boys have no allergies. I hope that things get figured out for that cute little one! I hate seeing my kids ill!