Thursday, June 5, 2008

11 Month Old Superstar

So Ryah has always been vocal. She likes to "sing" and listen to her voice. And she mimics us all the time. If Tay is crying, Ryah will yell at the same pitch (which is so so funny. And also sort of impressive if you think about it :). Or if Taylen is squealing and being silly, Ryah will copy it exactly. Or if Taylen growls at Ryah, she will growl right back. Taylen never did this, at least not as obviously as Ryah has been doing it. And I've been noticing that Ryah mimics me when I talk to her, mostly the pitch in my voice when I talk to her (like when I say, "do you want a bottle?" and my voice goes up at the end, she'll mimic the pitch of the last two syllables...i have no idea if that makes sense. haha). I've been telling Brooke this for a couple weeks, and she didn't believe me.

UNTIL LAST NIGHT.

Brooke was videotaping me feeding Ryah and playing with her, and Ryah totally mimics me when I say "all done." She's pretty much a genius. See for yourselves :)

6 comments:

Suz said...

Oh my gosh, Nik, I can't believe she's trying to talk! Addie says doggie, and dad and Payton and few other words, but she's sure not mimicking phrases. And I can't believe Ryah will be 1 this month!!!

Requel said...

Wow, that is so good for 11 months. I didn't know babies could do that. She is a genius!

Julia Kelly said...

Both your kids are like superstar talkers! I can't believe how well she talks. She is just so cute, good job with that. :) I'm so excited to see you guys in August!!

The Richards said...

Nikki,

You have one smart girl there. She is so cute!

brooke said...

That is pretty impressive! What a sweetie she is. You amaze me Nikki...how you do it, I just don't know.

Tiffani said...

Ryah is one smart cookie and I can't believe that she is almost one!