Saturday, November 15, 2008

Little Miracles

I am convinced that our lives are filled with little miracles every day. But most of the time we are too busy or too loud or too hungry or too crabby to notice them. I had two happen the other day that I would like to honor for a minute.

First, the toilet. Yes, the toilet itself could be considered a miracle, but that was not MY miracle on Thursday. My miracle on Thursday was the fact that I was in the bathroom after finishing a midterm. I was holding my brand new (and awesomely amazing) iPhone with my chin...sort of tucked into my neck (my hands were busy doing things like pulling up my pants). I turned around to face the toilet so I could flush the magnificent machine, and in doing so loosened my chin grip on my phone. In slow motion, my iPhone dropped from my neck-chin, bounced off one side of the toilet seat, flipped and spun in the air (while I am gasping for breath because I'm about to watch my brand new phone splash into the toilet water) to the other side of the toilet seat, and slammed to the floor. I have never been so freaking happy to see my phone crash to the floor. Seriously, another centimeter and it would have been in the toilet. And I would have been a very sad little girl. Thank you, Miracle #1.




Miracle #2 has to do with the number 28. This is the number of dollars it took to fill my ENTIRE tank full of gas!! $28??!?! That is amazing! I seriously double checked the numbers like 3 times. Happy day.
...
I am now on the lookout for more mini-miracles. And you know what? The more I look for them, the more I recognize them. Funny how it works like that...

9 comments:

Arica said...

i know, gas is crazy good again these days! here it's 1.99, who can even complain about that!?

Chris said...

Lovely DAY! for a lovely girl!


ps - glad you got your toy! welcome to the club!!! yeah!

Sarah said...

Yay, SO happy that gas is going down, but I'm not holding my breath that it will stay there. And YAY for no water-logged Iphones!

brookebaby said...

hahahahah i love the toilet picture! hahahahaha yessssssss glowing magical toilet. speak to me!

..Kris Naven.. said...

This is hillarious...I could totally see it in slow motion! I am glad you were blessed with this miracle! And who were you talking too? I only talk to my family if I really "gotta go!"

Oh ya, and the gas prices are awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Love that you look for little miracles each day...we should all do that a little more often.

emily said...

oh my goodness! i can't even explain how intensly i was reading your iphone story (thinking how i would feel if it was happening to my lovely). So glad to hear the happy ending!

RachelBarker said...

I'm glad you saved your love. It's so true to find the little miracles that really can be big. Advice on getting to recognizing them when your grumpy? You know what I'm talking about. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Wow, a true miracle! I have had my cell phone drop from my pocket into the bath tub as I was bathing my kids, and it was ugly! I wish mine would have bounced off the bath tub and landed on the bathroom floor, but that was not my slick little pink razor phone's fate. Oh well! Oh and only $28 to fill a tank! What! Here in Canada it still costs $70 to fill a tank! Yes, that's right, $70...despite all the freaking oil we have in Alberta. Geez! Well I guess that is better than the $100 plus we were paying! I'm moving to the US!