Tuesday, January 6, 2009

In a Nutshell

So, I've had an AWESOME break. Really relaxing. And fun. And perfect.
And I'm putting a bunch of pictures on here to sum it all up.
Here's what we did while in San Diego:

Calee turned into a high school girl for New Year's.
haha.
The sisters (plus a few boys) partied it up New Year's Eve.

Took my kids (and my friend Jenny and her daughter Emerson)
to a friend's 20 acre ranch and rode ponies, pet chickens,
picked tangerines, held guinea pigs, got dirty, and
had a great time.


Me and Jenny. We go way back. And Ryah and Emerson are
like 4 days apart, and she's pregnant with #2. Notice her adorable baby belly.
I hung out with BRANDON DINSBACH...a friend
from BYU who I haven't seen in 7 YEARS.
How am I possibly old enough to not have seen people in 7 YEARS?!
It was awesome to see him. And kick his trash in air hockey.
And yes, he really is THAT tall...


We watched Ryah make ridiculous faces while eating...


Weird British doctors flew across the waters from ENGLAND to hang
out with weird sister who has been chatting it up with him...that's right, people.
We talked with British accents the entire time.
And Jet gets a thumb's up from me. Way to go.

And, oops, these pictures are in reverse order. Oh well.
We went to Disneyland (SO CROWDED).
This is us on the way back to the car.
Three tired girls...

Meeting Mr. Mouse.

Taylen got a princess makeover and met
three real princesses. She was on cloud nine.




Seriously, look at her face. So happy. :)



Getting her princess makeup after
her hair got done.


Ryah chowing down on some cotton
candy. She was definitely not sticky at all
after this.


We went hiking at Daly Ranch
by my parents' house.


Calee and I with an angel or something.



I got my hair cut and colored.
Love it.


Sweet baby :)


And there was so much more, but I'm not going to post all of it. I'm feeling rejuvinated and ready to take on 2009! I am so happy that 2008 is over...
Come on 2009...you're my year :)


13 comments:

Loren said...

Looks like you had a great time. You deserve it!! Glad you are back safe, relaxed and ready to conquer the world. Happy New Year!!!!

By the way...love your makeover..and Taylen's too!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

Such cute pictures, and you and your sisters are gorgeous! I can't believe how big Taylen ans Ryah are getting! And the pictures with Taylen and the princess' are priceless-she will treasure that forever! I'm glad you had a great break! Happy New Year!

Requel said...

Sounds like so much fun!! You look hot, love the hair!!

brookebaby said...

ryah has already grown up since I left! Dangit!

The Hunt Family said...

Sounds like too much fun! Makes me want to take my little girl to DL! Heck, I want a princess makeover! Don't know where your parents live, but i'm from Ramona! Miss SD that's for sure.

Julia Kelly said...

wow Nikki, you seriously look beautiful! Glad you had a relaxing break with your girls, family and friends.

Barbara Jackson said...

Looks like you got what you deserve!!! Some happiness and fun.
2009 is your year, I just know it!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! All the best in 2009

RachelBarker said...

Love you hair cut and color. SD always will give you a great time. So, Tay is in for it..... I told her all about my disneyland trip with Beau and she didn't mention once that she went!! Tay bug is going to hear it from aunt Rach. I LOVE THOSE GIRLS!!!!!! You should make a boy. lol.

RachelBarker said...

Just ask Brad for some donations for the boy

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had an awesome break! I think of you often! You all look happy. I look forward to seeing what amazing things you do in 2009!

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

Oh my gosh, Rachel! HAHAHAHAH!!!!

Yes, that is exactly what I need right now... ANOTHER BABY!! Can you imagine? I post saying..."On top of it all, I'm pregnant!!" hahahah. That makes me want to throw up!! You are on drugs, girlfriend! Love ya :)

Morph This said...

do you have something against pregnant people? j slash k. can i just say that you were the highlight of my break. it was sooo good to see you, and still don't feel like it was enough time. oh those little munchkins of yours are to for.

when are you coming home next?