Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Asleep

I am happy right now.

Just watched American Idol.

Laughed.
Laughed some more.

I've been in a happy mood ALL YEAR!! haha.

Seriously, though. So far, I am liking 2009.

I had a great break, which I just really (really times a million) needed.

I have been revamping my spirituality a bit. Just putting things that should be priorities back where priorities need to go. Like...um...the Priority List.

I have been spending a lot more time with my girls because I'm not in school at the moment.

And I'm just excited about what this year has in store for me. I can feel the ickiness starting to evaporate a little bit.

And pieces of me are waking up that have been suffocated by a couple years' worth of crap (insert any strong, feces-related word you wish into this sentence). And I've really missed those parts of me. And I didn't even notice that they had faded away.

For example:
1. I'm singing. (I'm in a store, and I'm siiingiiinng.) Like, around the house, in the car, at the top of my lungs while doing chores. There was a long time there that I didn't do that. And I didn't notice. And I'm glad it's back. :)

2. My kids were asleep. I was alone in the house. So I (naturally) decided to practice my karate jumps. I spent a good ten minutes running down the hall and flinging myself (not) gracefully into the air...complete with hand chopping motions and warrior cries. Face planted a couple of times. It was awesome. And I thought to myself, "It's really too bad there's not a man around these parts to appreciate me right now." haha. That dorky, way-too-much-energy side of me was on hiatus for a while. And I have no idea how to spell high-ate-us.

3. I run with my kids. Not like, "hey, let's go for a quick jog." But like, "Taylen! We're at the mall and there's a bunch of people around but I'll race you to the ice cream store...ready, go!!" And we run, and she laughs, and I look like an idiot, but I don't care.

4. I tell stories. This has always been a Schroeder gift (or curse...not sure). We can turn pretty much ANYTHING that happens during the day into an entertaining story. I've noticed myself doing that more and more, and I love it. It makes for interesting days, and weeks, and lives. :)


Yay for coming back to life after being numb and frozen and devastated and heavy and dark for so long!! It's like when all the blood rushes to your leg after you've been sitting on it weird.

The life is rushing back into me.

And it tingles.

And I like it.


13 comments:

Chris said...

your amazing Nik! good for you for recognizing this - I am so glad you have found your happy! I love it!

CHRIS

PS Your Photo is adorable!

Chris said...

your amazing Nik! good for you for recognizing this - I am so glad you have found your happy! I love it!

CHRIS

PS Your Photo is adorable!

Arica said...

good for you! and i'm so stoked that you were practicing karate moves just for the heck of it. haha, i totally got a mental image and it was very humorous.

Julia Kelly said...

Yeah for being happy! 2009 has been a good year so far huh? Hope it continues. And I LOVE that you were doing karate kicks/chops with no one around. :)

You and your girls are beautiful in the picture! Love it!

..Kris Naven.. said...

I am so happy that you are enjoyug 2009! I would have to agree that I was cracking up at American Idol too, and I really hope they show that clip of you singing with your mouth closed! Too bad you didn't go on in a bikini right?! You totally would have made it through! Lol! The picture of you and your girls is beautiful, and isn't it so much fun to be like a kid again! I love it! Keep singing!

Love Always,
Kris

Requel said...

So glad to hear you are feeling great! You deserve it! And that picture is so beautiful.

The Fishers said...

Yay. I am still rooting for you!! Good luck.

Unknown said...

Can you turn on the camcorder next time you practice your ni-kwan-do??? I need some new moves:) I'm glad you are tingly new found life happy... that's the best kind.

Anonymous said...

That's great Nikki! The light at the end of the tunnel is now shinning through. Your experience has been a true inspiration to me, as I'm sure it has been for many others. I'm so happy for you!

The Tylkas said...

This is beautiful. The picture yes, but the words even more!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Nikki. The girls are adorable (all 3 of you) and we love you bunches. So glad you can still run races through the mall. Nothing and no-one will get you down.

Cardon Family said...

I LOVE this post....I am glad that you are happy! It makes me tingle too!

Cordie said...

I really am so happy that you are starting to be yourself again. that picture is BEAUTIFUL!