Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shout out to Kristin

Can I just say that I love this girl...
Kristin is in my ward. Our backyards share a fence. She is a busy mom of three, whose husband is often out of town for work.

And she has been a huge blessing in my life this past year.

And I just wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate her. :)

She has had my family over for dinner COUNTLESS times. And if I can't come over for dinner when she invites me, she often drops a plate of leftovers at my door.

She watches my kids while I'm in class. Even though she is ridiculously busy with her kids, and calling, and life.

She never makes me feel like I am intruding or putting her out in any way when I need her help. Ever.

And I have just really come to value her friendship. And I know it is more than coincidence that we are friends, because I'm pretty sure I would have jumped off a cliff without her help this past year. And I am thankful to my Father in Heaven for putting her in my life.

She is a beautiful, beautiful person.

::Love to Kristin::

9 comments:

brookebaby said...

i like her, too. yay.

Loren said...

love this girl too!!! her strength is something i admire - especially all that she deals with when Neil is gone. Glad you have such a great friend!!

Requel said...

That's so nice to have such good friends that are close. The kind you can call anytime and they will be right there.

And I'm pretty sure I wore my dress around for about an hour while I was home last weekend!!

Kristin said...

Thank you Nikki. I feel like a dork commenting on this, but I would be ungrateful if I didn't. I think you gave me way too much credit just now. I would not be the same person without knowing you. Love you too!

Carli said...

Was that you singing on american idol with your mouth closed???

Abby said...

So Im sitting here watching AI and I think I saw you in San Fran singing with your mouth closed. Was that you?

Ashley said...

I totally saw you on American Idol tonight and I was so excited! I hit rewind and told my husband "That's Nikki! I grew up in the same ward with her and I've seen her sing like that a bunch of times!" It was awesome and so funny to see you on there. I hope you recorded it for all the future generations to see!!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

I totally saw you on American Idol tonight! I was so excited, and hoped that they were going to show you singing with your mouth closed from what you told us in a previous post. I always watch America Idol, and it was so exciting to see someone I know! I was like Jake, "Look. it's Nikki!" And Elliott said, "Mommy, that's my girlfriend's Mommy? I like that song! (It's one of his favorite songs 'You are my sunshine', and he loves that video like I told you before of Taylon shaking her booty!) Anyways it was so awesome seeing you, and I wish you could have made it through, but at least you got a little claim to fame right?! You are so beautiful and talented! Great job! And 2009 is looking bright for you! I'm so happy for you!

Love Always,
Kris

..Kris Naven.. said...

I'm sure you got a ton of calls tonight too right?! :)