Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweet Taylen

I had a warm-feelings-in-my-heart mom moment the other day when I was putting Ryah to bed.

The lights were off, and I was rocking Ryah in my arms and singing softly to her, like I do every night before I put her in her crib. She was cuddling her blanket, and humming along with my song. Then I kissed her, told her I loved her, and put her softly in her crib.

I turned around and Taylen was standing in the doorway watching us. I walked out of Ryah's room and Taylen said,

"I have a little tear in my eye."

She was wiping away a tear, and I sat down by her and asked her what the matter was, and she said,

"That was so cute."

My sweet three year old had tender little feelings in her heart from watching a sweet moment with Ryah. Such tender little feelings that it even made her a bit emotional.

And it definitely warmed my heart, and made me so thankful for small, quiet moments like that with my children.

Sweet little thing.


9 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!

Chris said...

so adorable!

Requel said...

That is precious!!

RachelBarker said...

She seriously is not a "normal" 3 yr. old. She is so much more. She really was sent to the right parents . I'll have to tell you a little story about yesterday that really made me feel that she was sent to you guys for a reason. I LOVE YOUR GIRLS!!!

Tara Lynn said...

so sweet and rewarding!

April said...

LOVE IT! She is so cute! When I think of her I think of cute, green "friglit".

Ashley said...

That is the sweetest story! And that is such a gorgeous picture of you and her together too.

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! I love sweet mom-moments. :)

The Richards said...

She is such a sweet little girl and so darn cute and crazy at times too, exactly what a girl should be. I'm hoping for the 22nd of June also, that would be great. Mike didn't like your comment though because he said it just fueled me more to not wait another two weeks, If only he knew how hard that last month is!!